Sometimes you just need a quick, healthy, “no cook” meal that can be prepared in a few minutes. When I am short on time and want a fresh, healthy lunch, I turn to this open-faced vegetarian sandwich with hummus, tomato, cucumber, and feta. With toasted whole grain bread and a drizzle of BBQ sauce for a touch of sweetness, this sandwich has just the right amount of crunch, savory and sweet.
Open-Faced Hummus, Tomato, Cucumber, Feta Sandwich
– 2 Slices of Bread – I used whole wheat
– 2 Tbsp Hummus
– 6 Cherry Tomatoes
– Cucumber Portion (about 4-ish inches)
– 1 oz Feta
– 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Drizzle of BBQ Sauce (optional, but yummy!)
– Sea salt + Black pepper to taste
1. Toast bread to desired level of crispy-ness.
2. With a tablespoon, put 1 tbsp of hummus on each slice of toast.
3. Slice cherry tomatoes into quarters and cucumber into bite-sized pieces.
4. Dice feta into small crumbles.
5. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil as desired.
I find that eating this open-faced sandwich with a knife and fork works perfectly – otherwise, it would be really messy!
Buon Appetito! For more of my recipes, click here.